Jasmine Daniels isn't in town for too long. She's booked and busy on the Friday we meet up with her at LA's Kimpton La Peer hotel in West Hollywood. (Side note: Her next stop after us was a KKW BEAUTY shoot.) The Atlanta-native model gets cozy in the penthouse, while we chat over breakfast and coffee. We've got a solid 2 hours to hang out, and we wanna make the best of it.
1. So, tell us what you’ve been up to lately.
I spent most of the summer curating personal projects as a creative. Been traveling like mad, as usual, and enjoying my new Brooklyn neighborhood!
2. Let’s talk career-What were the biggest challenges you had entering the modeling industry?
Personally, I have seen it change from women of color not being as favored, to women of color ruling the industry and I'm so proud of the direction it’s going. I love how everyone has a space to be their true selves now.
3. What’s your favorite modeling experience you’ve had so far?
Definitely shows are always invigorating, as well as the Calvin launch this year.
4. And, when it comes to life, what were your biggest transformational moments, and what did you learn from them?
I started modeling and being on my own at the age of 13, so I had to learn how to grow up fairly quickly. But I wouldn’t take back the experiences and lessons I’ve learned. I still have a long road ahead that I look forward to. But mostly independence and sense of self.
5. What’s your go-to, self-care routine?
Definitely keeping it simple works best for me. ALWAYS WASH YOUR FACE BEFORE BED! I also try to use natural products because they don't irritate my sensitive skin.
6. It’s so easy to crush over your style on Insta! What inspires you?
My friends around me! They have the best style.
7. Who are your favorite artists to listen to at the moment?
At the moment I love Triathalon, DraftDayDeion, Tame Impala, Pi'erre Bourne, Black Gwaluh, K$ace, Big Smoke Chapo, Young Thug, Summer Walker, A$AP Rocky... the list goes on.
8. Which female bosses do you look up to?
Definitely my mother, first and foremost. And I love the empires Rihanna and Kim Kardashian have produced for themselves.
9. What makes you feel the most BOSS?
When I’m doing what I love and executing my ideas... Remaining happy!
10. And one extra one before you go... What's next for you, in life and your career?
Seeing what other great things New York brings to me, as well as getting more into my extra hobbies like interior designing and producing.